Performing a spiritual cleansing of a home or sacred space, whether it is done indoors or outdoors, removes negative energy that may cause disruptions or distractions. In essence, you are clearing and blessing the space to make it a much more pleasant place to live, work, or use.
Everything is comprised of energy. Have you ever walked into a room and immediately felt it to be warm, comfortable and welcoming? Or the opposite – as soon as you’ve entered the room it felt cold and made you feel on edge? This is because of the energy build up in the room. Over time energy accumulates in an area, so if there is constant tension or unhappiness in a room, after a while just by walking into this room you will feel this type of energy.
Every thought and emotion we feel gives off energy into our environment and surroundings. For example, after a heated argument, there’s a phrase people often say, “You could cut the tension with a knife”. That’s because the tension is palpable and you can feel it, its thick in the air… the more intense the thought or emotion, the stronger the amount of energy it will give out. Over time this energy builds up and if it’s left uncleared it can affect our own personal energy.
When we are constantly in a place that has stress or negativity, our own energy systems slowly pick up this energy and absorb it into our own. Imagine your clothes if you were to walk through a smoke filled room. The first time you’d pick up a little smoke, but not notice it too much. If you entered this room every day for a week, by the end of the week your clothes would be full of smoke and stink. Our energy systems work in the same way. The first time you enter a room with congested energy; you’ll pick up a little, but may not even notice. Enter this environment on a daily basis and before you know it your own energy stem aura will be just as congested as the room, and it will leave you feeling tired, drained, upset or lethargic.
When to apply Space Clearing/Blessing:
• If you are buying or selling a house, it’s an excellent idea to clear the energy. If you are buying a new house, you want to rid that home of any energy or intentions left by the previous owners. You don’t want to absorb and take on any arguments or disagreements that they may have had. If you are selling a home, a space clearing is a great tool to help you reach a sale faster, as it helps to release any attachments and emotional connections you have with that home.
• Space clearings should be done after any bouts of illness, depression or anxiety in the home to ensure these emotions don’t stay and bring further complications. Any times of stress or arguments should be cleared to allow for new peaceful and harmonious energy to enter also.
• Energy builds up on a continual basis, and therefore clearings should be done on a regular basis to make sure the energy is always clear. If you find yourself feeling blocked, flat or a little bit stagnant, it’s a really good idea to do a space clearing on your home and when you’re replacing the energy, set your intentions for uplifting and inspiring energy to fill your home.
• Other good times to conduct space clearings are at the beginning a new year or any other significant dates such as birthdays or anniversaries, to release the past year and allow room for new beginnings.
• Before setting any new goals for yourself, take the time to clear old energies first and you will find you can reach your goals more easily and more quickly.
Clearing out the old and bringing in the new energies with purpose, intention and passion will set up an energy grid in your home that will help move your life into an auspicious and powerful new direction for 2013. Have a happy and blessed New Year!
Crystals are used in feng shui in a variety of ways, all with one single goal – to create good feng shui energy in your home. Crystals have been used over the centuries for a myriad of purposes – from healing to protection to decoration. The word crystal comes from the Greek word krystallos, meaning frozen light.
In feng shui, crystals are widely used for the specific energy, or the vibrations they bring to your home or office. For example, the rose quartz crystal is used to attract love and romance, as well as heal a broken heart.
Here are my recommendations for the best crystals to place in your home or office according to the Bagua Map:
Selenite - Selenite crystals are said to connect with the light body, or the higher spirit. With an extremely fine vibrational energy, it is a very spiritual stone, attracting guidance and an awareness. For those interested in attuning to a higher vibration through meditation, Selenite is a very useful stone.
Black Tourmaline - Tourmaline aids in understanding oneself and others. It promotes self-confidence and diminishes fear. Tourmaline attracts inspiration, compassion, tolerance and prosperity. It balances the right-left sides of the brain. Helps treat paranoia, overcomes dyslexia and improves hand-eye coordination. Tourmaline releases tension, making it helpful for spinal adjustments. It balances male-female energy within the body. Enhances energy and removes blockages.
Knowledge & Self Cultivation
Lapis Lazuli - A stone of protection that may be worn to guard against psychic attacks, Lapis Lazuli quickly releases stress, bringing deep peace. It brings harmony and deep inner self-knowledge. Encourages self-awareness, allows self-expression and reveals inner truth, providing qualities of honesty, compassion and morality to the personality. Stimulates objectivity, clarity and encourages creativity. Lapis Lazuli assists to confront and speak one’s truth and inspires confidence. It bonds relationships, aiding in expression of feelings and emotion.
Wealth & Prosperity
Amethyst - Amethyst is a purple-colored quartz crystal. Purple shades vary from light lavender to deep violet. Amethyst crystals have a spiritual quality to them and can be used to help individuals tap into higher levels of consciousness. It can serve as a bridge between physical and ethereal frequencies, creating an opening for enlightenment. Lavender quartz is thought to awaken the soul, helping people to realize their life purpose.
Garnet - Inspires romantic love, passion, stability, sensuality, sexuality, intimacy, positive thoughts, inspiration, energy, personal success, career success, social popularity, self confidence, fertility, persistence, stamina, survival, passion, intimacy, power, empowerment, motivation, assertion, ambition, respect, fame, glory, renown and increased productivity.
Rose Quartz - Enhances all forms of love: self love, mother love, caring, kindness, platonic and romantic love. Opens our hearts and encourages us to be kind, tender, peaceful and gentle. Teaches forgiveness and tolerance. Attracts and emanates unconditional nurturing love and helps us attract positive, gentle, non-judgmental love into our lives.
Clear Quartz - Quartz is a stone of clarity which dispels negativity and clears away negative energy. It can be used to purify and clarify on the spiritual, mental, and physical planes. It is also powerfully protective. Quartz enhances spiritual growth, spirituality and wisdom. Because it clarifies though processes and emotions it increases inspiration and creativity. It can also help particularly with concentration, studying, and retaining what one learns. Quartz is also a stone of harmony because it balances energies, and is even helpful in romantic relationships.
Health & Family
Green Jade - Jade is a symbol of serenity and purity. It signifies wisdom gathered in tranquility. It increases love and nurturing. A protective stone, Jade keeps the wearer from harm and brings harmony. Jade attracts good luck and friendship. It stabilizes the personality and promotes self-sufficiency. Soothes the mind, releasing negative thoughts. Stimulates ideas. A “dream stone”, Jade brings insightful dreams. It aids emotional release, especially of irritability. Jade encourages you to become who you really are.
Citrine - Citrine energizes every level of life. It cleanses the chakras and opens the intuition. Citrine attracts wealth, prosperity and success. It imparts joy, wonder, delight and enthusiasm. Raises self-esteem and self-confidence. Stimulates the brain, strengthening the intellect. Citrine promotes motivation, activates creativity and encourages self-expression. Enhances concentration and revitalizes the mind. It releases negative traits, depression, fears and phobias. Emotionally balancing.
If you cringe when you think about clearing your clutter and you feel the time is not time well spent, let me change your mind. It will be really easy. Using the principles of Feng Shui to clear your clutter can actually be a very liberating experience once you understand what clutter does to your home and to your life.
Clutter is low stagnant and confusing energy that constantly drains Chi from you and can also negatively influence, or even completely block the flow of new opportunities in your life. Some of you might be feeling stuck in life and at the same time your house is feeling constipated. Most of us avoid clearing the clutter not only because it takes time and effort but because the fact that clearing clutter can be a very emotional process that feels like therapy.
However, keep in mind when letting go of the old you are “clearing space” for the Universe to bring you new opportunities, gifts and blessings. Also, establishing a good system and process to avoid its accumulation in the future will bring you high energy levels, more clarity, and a heightened sense of well-being.
I highly recommend you start with these three rooms:
We are most influenced by things, events, and people that are closest to us, so it is absolutely logical (and highly advisable) to first start applying Feng Shui to clear the clutter in your bedroom. Take out all the items that create visual clutter and do not really belong in the bedroom. Clear the clutter under the bed. Thoroughly de-clutter and clean your closets. Let go of as many items as possible that you have not used in a long time.
In Feng Shui, the state of your kitchen is the state of your health. De-clutter that kitchen. De-clutter the refrigerator. Clean the stove and all the pots and pans. Clean out all the cabinets, pantries, drawers, surfaces, under the sink, light fixtures, etc. Throw out old food out of your pantry, refrigerator and freezer.
Your Front Entrance
In Feng Shui, the front door is called the mouth of Chi. Your front entrance is the way your house gets its energy nourishment. It’s your life path. Upon the entrance to every space your energy is looking for grounding and focus, so do treat your senses respectfully and provide a clean, warm and welcoming entrance. Let go of any objects in your main door area that are not really needed there, such as the recycle bins in full view, chipped pots, etc. Bring a sense of beauty to your main entry, as in Feng Shui the state of your main entry determines the quality of Chi, or energy, that later circulates throughout your house.
Focus on these three areas, as they are most strongly connected to your well-being at home. Clarify, purify and let go. Create a fresh pathway for strong vibrant Chi to flow into your home and nourish your energy.
There are three basic principles that form the foundation on which Feng Shui is built. These principles define Chi, the vital force energy that connects and moves through the changes of our lives.
Everything is Alive
Everything physical is alive with Chi energy. This includes, cars, computers, furniture, appliances, plants, land and buildings. When we look around your home or work environment and you see everything as “alive” it’s important to live with things we feel good about.
Everything is Connected
Chi connects every physical thing. For instance, a cluttered and chaotic closet ripples out through the rest of your house – you can’t find that special red blouse, you start to stress out, puts you in a bad mood, and now its effecting your punctuality which could undermine your receiving a promotion at work which leads to frustration and depression.
Everything is Changing
The Chi in everything is changing. The one thing that is constant in our physical Universe is change – the seasons, our communities, our bodies, and our states of mind.
Feng Shui teaches us that everything is alive, connected and changing. We learn that our home and work environments are a living entity and that we are either in harmony with or in discordant partnership with. To achieve harmony, we must honor that everything is alive and recognize its vital connection with the quality of our lives. The goal is to promote and activate positive Chi energy so that our environment may nurture, protect, and support our growth and changes through life.
My client was looking to do more entertaining at her home and wanted to make her guest bedroom more cozy and inviting. Her guest bedroom is located in the Health area of the Bagua Map and she is suffering from terrible back pain. It was important to bring the right elements and balance to help improve her health.
We re-arranged her furniture and added some accessories from other areas in her home. She loved the changes!
Note these key features:
- Sofa placement and coffee table looked awkward. Re-arranging the coffee table and sofa creates a cozy setting and moving the two bar stools on each side of the sofa provides a Yin & Yang balance.
- According to the Bagua, the Wood element helps improve Health. Incorporating the beautiful vase of flowers represents the wood element along with the coffee table, sofa bed wood frame, bar stools and book case we added.
- The room is alive and speaking to you. The red teddy bear is welcoming you and embracing you to sit down and relax.
- The candles add Yin fire creating a peaceful and harmonious environment.
- The natural sunlight represents the Fire Element.
- The area rug anchors the room and the asymmetrical design represents the Water Element.
- The square shape of the coffee table and the area rug represent the element of Earth.
- The white sofa represents the Metal Element.
- All five elements help create a balanced and harmonious environment.
Three Challenges for this project were:
- Limited accessories available in her home.
- Can’t change window covering or paint walls because client is leasing home.
- Limited budget.
This is space is primarily used to meet with clients and provide Ayurvedic Consultations. The Owner was looking to bring more warmth and coziness and she also wanted to feel more grounded.
This was a fun and exciting project and the results were truly amazing. I completed the job with a beautiful ceremony of space clearing and a blessing.
Note these key features:
- De-cluttering helps open up space and brings more positive Chi energy into the room which brings more wealth and business opportunities.
- Incorporating The Five Elements: Fire – candles/natural lighting, Earth – a beautiful Orchid, Metal/Earth – chairs and painted walls Metallic Gold, Water – new Mirror and Wood - wicker shelving unit. The Five Elements brings a balanced and harmonious setting.
- The low seating is a downward Yin energy, but by adding the tall bamboo behind the seating this balances the Yin energy with an upward Yang pull that brings a Yin and Yang balance.
Three Challenges for this project were:
- Small Budget
- Could not change chairs
- Small space
A few additional things I look forward to in our next session are:
- Purchase new chairs that do to not sit too low to the floor
- Purchase new area rug to further anchor and ground room
- Remove bamboo and replace with new lighting
You can visit Sattva Yoga & Pilates at 2161 Sunset Blvd #100, Rocklin, CA 95765
Or contact Jean Munoz Keese at 916-624-9642
This is a new location for Dr. Tim Nicholl with Maximize Chiropractic. Dr. Nicholl believes medications treat the symptoms and not the problem. He takes an organic approach to wellness and he wanted to create an environment of vibrant health and wellness vs. a sterile medical environment. Note these key features:
- We chose the palette of a vibrant green and a complimentary pale celery for the contrasting walls. Green represents health in Feng Shui and worked well with his logo in the same family of color. The intensity of the color supports the high energy flow in his practice.
- The front office rounded desk design helps the Chi flow against the hard lines of the partition. The tall tree with rounded leaves also helps slow the Chi.
- The furniture is in good placement and has ample breathing room that enhances the Chi flow. Good Chi flow brings in wealth and prosperity for business.
Three Challenges for this project were:
- Partition Wall
- Hard Lines
- Finding a desk with a rounded design feature
A few additional things I look forward to in our next session area:
- Softening the partition with hanging plants.
- Adjusting height of front office desk so the receptionist has a command position of the front door.
- Enhancing Fame & Reputation as applied with the principles of the Bagua Map.
You can visit Maximize Chiropractic at 1500 7th Street Unite E, Sacramento, CA
Or contact Dr. Tim Nicholl at 916-594-7630