Residential – Guest Bedroom
My client was looking to do more entertaining at her home and wanted to make her guest bedroom more cozy and inviting. Her guest bedroom is located in the Health area of the Bagua Map and she is suffering from terrible back pain. It was important to bring the right elements and balance to help improve her health.
We re-arranged her furniture and added some accessories from other areas in her home. She loved the changes!
Note these key features:
- Sofa placement and coffee table looked awkward. Re-arranging the coffee table and sofa creates a cozy setting and moving the two bar stools on each side of the sofa provides a Yin & Yang balance.
- According to the Bagua, the Wood element helps improve Health. Incorporating the beautiful vase of flowers represents the wood element along with the coffee table, sofa bed wood frame, bar stools and book case we added.
- The room is alive and speaking to you. The red teddy bear is welcoming you and embracing you to sit down and relax.
- The candles add Yin fire creating a peaceful and harmonious environment.
- The natural sunlight represents the Fire Element.
- The area rug anchors the room and the asymmetrical design represents the Water Element.
- The square shape of the coffee table and the area rug represent the element of Earth.
- The white sofa represents the Metal Element.
- All five elements help create a balanced and harmonious environment.
Three Challenges for this project were:
- Limited accessories available in her home.
- Can’t change window covering or paint walls because client is leasing home.
- Limited budget.